Adler Kawa’s Investment Committee is driven by an experienced team of professionals with investment, private equity, asset management, property management and leasing backgrounds.
Matthew L. Adler
- Matthew L. Adler is President and Chief Executive Officer of Adler Kawa.
- Prior to founding Adler Kawa, he served as President and Chief Investment Officer of Adler Group, and President of Adler Reality Services (ARS). At Adler Group he was the founder and manager of significant company business lines including the Adler Real Estate Fund. Matthew was responsible for acquisitions, investor relations and asset management. Matthew managed the investment performance of over 12 million square feet of commercial real estate.
- Matthew graduated with a bachelor of arts in urban studies from the University of Pennsylvania in 1999.
- Prior to joining Adler Group in 2001, he spent two years as a financial analyst for New York based Insignia/ESG, Inc., one of the nation's leading commercial real estate service providers, where he conducted financial and market analysis and assisted with negotiations for major real estate transactions.
- From 2006 to 2008, he was elected to serve on the Miami Beach Planning Board, which allowed him the opportunity to be involved with the city's zoning and land use issues.
- Since 2010, Matthew has served on the Board of Directors and Loan Committee for Miami based Apollo Bank.
- Matthew serves on numerous community, philanthropic and business based organizations both in Miami and nationally.
Michael M. Adler
- Michael M. Adler is Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Adler Group, Inc.
- Adler Group, formed in 1978, is an aggressive, multi-profile real estate firm with individual entities and affiliates offering services in such areas as development, general contracting, real estate brokerage, and leasing and property management.
- Michael is the Co-Chairman of Kabel-X USA, founded in 2008. Kabel-X provides the fastest possible Internet connection by extracting copper core and replacing it with fiber optic cables for optimum system performance.
- Michael graduated from the University of Miami with a bachelor's degree in business administration in 1973. He is a member of the National Association of Industrial & Office Properties (NAIOP), the Beacon Council and Greater Miami Chamber.
- Michael is a devoted member of Miami's philanthropic community; he is the Vice Chairman of Florida International University Board of Trustees, and is a past Chair of the Florida International University Foundation, Inc. Development Committee. Michael is the Immediate Past Chairman of Mount Sinai Medical Center and Board Member of Mount Sinai Board of Trustees. He is also the former Vice Chairman of the Jewish Federations of North America, and past President of The Greater Miami Jewish Federation. Michael is a Board Member of Temple Emanu-El Miami Beach, and is a member of the United Way of Dade County - Alexis de Tocqueville Society, Immediate Past Chair of the National Jewish Democratic Council, and past Board of Directors member of the University of Florida Foundation, Inc.
- Daniel Ades is a principal and founder of Kawa Capital Management.
- At Kawa he is responsible for overseeing the firm's investment decisions; he has been primarily involved as the Portfolio Manager for private funds managed by the firm since inception in 2007. Currently he also serves on the advisory group to the firm's joint ventures, including BridgeInvest (commercial mortgages) and NR Investments (multi family residential properties)..
- Prior to forming Kawa, Daniel was a partner at Horn Eichenwald Investments, an SEC registered advisor with over $200 million in assets under management, where he worked from 2003 through 2007. At Horn Eichenwald, Daniel managed investments for multi family office, as well as performed due diligence on managers for its Flexor Fund of Hedge Funds. During his tenure he was also a director at Bridge Loan investors, a commercial mortgage lender which owned over $70 million of properties and mortgages at the time of his departure.
- He continued serving for two years as an outside director and advisor to Horn Eichenwald after the sale of his interests. Daniel has a B.A. in Economics and International Relations from Tufts University, and a Master of Arts in Law and Diplomacy from the Fletcher School with a focus on economic development.
- He wrote his honors graduate thesis on pricing of emerging market debt, and was a teaching assistant for Corporate Finance as well as for an FX & Options pricing course.
- Daniel is Brazilian, enjoys sailing and charitable work. He is involved in many philanthropic causes, including sitting on the board of the Greater Miami Jewish Federation, ParnossahWorks Miami, and the National Executive Council of AIPAC.
- Matan Ben-Aviv is the Chief Executive Officer of Ganot Capital LLC, the management company for a family business founded in 1964 by his grandfather. The company and its related affiliates are focused on the health care sector and own a national portfolio of senior living assets.
- As CEO, Matan is responsible for management and investment decisions with a focus on a creative and entrepreneurial growth strategy.
- Prior to joining Ganot, Matan worked at NorthStar Realty Finance (NRF: NYSE) in their strategic acquisitions group. Prior to that, Matan was a real estate investment banker in New York where he worked on M&A transactions and other financial advisory projects.
- Matan graduated from the University of Pennsylvania with a Bachelor of Arts degree in both International Relations and French.
- Matan proceeded to earn a Master's of Science degree from the London School of Economics and a Master's of Business Administration degree from Columbia Business School.
- Alexandre Saverin is a founding partner of Kawa Capital, where he acts as Portfolio Manager and Director of Technology.
- At Kawa Mr. Saverin helps determine to the firm’s overall investment strategy and leads its risk management process. In 2009, he played a key role in Kawa Capital’s successful ventures into multi-tenant residential real estate.
- Prior to joining Kawa, Mr. Saverin was at Horn Eichenwald Investments as the Head of Software Development from 2004 to 2007. At Eichenwald Investments, Mr. Saverin led a team to develop an asset management software platform and explored automated computer based trading models.
- Prior to Horn Eichenwald, Mr. Saverin worked at Motorola's Multimedia Messaging team as a senior developer from 2001 to 2004.
- Mr Saverin has a B.A. in computer science from Cornell University.